After a capsize test, I decided that righting it single-handedly would most likely be impossible. The cockpit also seemed to be a liability since once capsized it filled with water, and the whole thing became quite unmanageable. I also wanted to make the hull a little lighter for getting on and off the roof of the car. So I cut the top half off with the aim of decking it over entirely. Unfortunately this coincided with the shut down of my office and relocation to NY, so I had to give the boat away.
My next plan is to make a kite powered proa (Nasa Wing, probably) based on my inflatable kayak. Hopefully I'll be able to store it in my appartment and take it on the subway.